Friday, August 3, 2007

Funny how things go right over my head...

I was reading a recent post on gatheringinlight about how he and his wife have moved every August and this one is no exception. It wasn't until a few nights ago that I realized that is exactly how my life has been for the past few years now...this year being no exception as well.

This time the move is a little farther and carries a little more permanence (just a little, not a lot). If you haven't heard... we are moving to Philadelphia. I am enrolling in a MBA program in International Economic Development. We leave Tuesday and are planning on taking week to get back east.

Right now we plan to stop in Yellowstone, South Dakota, Nebraska (where my grandparents lived) Iowa, Ohio, and then on to Philly. (sorry Amy, you didn't see Colorado in there anywhere, I think we're gonna skip the Springs... maybe we'll catch you on the way back).

I've never driven across the country and watching Josh and the Forbeses do it (twice) I am really excited to get to see it myself.

So after a long weekend at the Hot Dog stand, we'll load up the Sube, attach our tiny trailer that we traded for a table, and hit the road.

I'll post plenty of pictures so you all (all five that read my blog) can see how our journey goes.

Keep us in your prayers as we travel.

1 comment:

12strings said...

Hey, Banjo & Ruth

How goes it? Philly!?!?!? What the heck! We'll miss you, but are happy for God's leading and new adventures for you.

We'll check in now and then to see how it's going with the both of you. Hope you have a great trek across the plains, rockies and cornfields of America. God bless!!

12-strings & sidekick