Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I've been enjoying classes a ton so far. Seeing the people in my cohort is always a highlight in my day. We have fun together, and already care for each other and we haven't known each other very long.

I was especially blessed when many of them came over Monday and helped Mel and I move. Balancing school and moving (again) has been a headache, but they all offered and where so giving. They all were dripping sweat in the Philly humidity, but because they helped we got our entire apartment moved in less than 2 hours. It was such a huge blessing.

I thought I'd also let you all in on what classes I am taking this term.

Mondays:
Cross-cultural Skill and Understanding
(basically Anthropology). The prof is great, she's an MK from India and has a ton of experience and knowledge on cultures.

Tuesdays:
Biblical Faith and Economics
This is an interesting course, looking at how our faith and our understanding of development and poverty converge. John Stappleford is the professor...hilarious, wise, mustached.

Wednesdays:
Managerial Accounting
This class was intimidating at first, but I've come to like it. We study how to be a good manager and how to be a good steward of the resources you have been given.

Thursdays:
Economic Development for Developing Communities
This is an overview of the development field and a study of what poverty is, and how we can help transform the world through development. The professor is Connie Ostwald, she got her and Masters and PhD in Denver but is originally from the Northwest. This is my favorite course so far.

Fridays:
Nada

We've been reading some great, great stuff so far. I'll fill you in more on that later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was in the PhD program with Prof Connie Ostwald at DU back in the
90's, is she as "hot" now as she was then?
Sexy blonde with blue eyes for sure!