Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Insurance rant...

We got a large bill from the hospital care Melissa received in October. I called to inquire about financial assistance. They informed me that we can't get assistance since we are insured. Given our very low income level, had we not been insurance, they would have covered 100% of the costs, but since we do have insurance we have to pay a large amount of money, along with our large monthly insurance premium.

And people try to convince me that the American insurance system isn't screwed up. I disagree.

I'm moving to England...

3 comments:

Margie said...

Now you know why Paul & I moved to and live in Canada ... can't afford to live in the US simply because of the medical costs.

Luke Ankeny said...

I feel your pain

Luke Ankeny said...

From one of our medical bills ...
"uninsured patients may qualify for free or reduced cost medical care..."

What about those of us with lousy insurance plans?