Tuesday, January 29, 2008

On the Ipod...



Music has been speaking to me lately. I have been listening to Michael Buble, Ray Lamontagne, Coldplay, Switchfoot, David Bazan, Iron & Wine, and Sufjan Stevens a lot. Josh introduced me to Sufjan Stevens a few years ago. I came across this video recently and can't stop watching it. First, I really enjoy the song itself, and watching the video is an easy way to hear the song. Second, I actually really like the video itself. Sufjan can be quirky at times with his costumes, but I really like the setting of the barn, the banjo, and even the straw hat. Below are the lyrics.

For The Widows In Paradise; For The Fatherless In Ypsilanti
I have called you children, I have called you son.
What is there to answer if I'm the only one?
Morning comes in Paradise, morning comes in light.
Still I must obey, still I must invite.
If there's anything to say, if there's anything to do,
If there's any other way, I'll do anything for you.

I was dressed embarrassment.
I was dressed in wine.
If you had a part of me, will you take you're time?
Even if I come back, even if I die
Is there some idea to replace my life?
Like a father to impress;
Like a mother's mourning dress,
If you ever make a mess, I'll do anything for you

I have called you preacher; I have called you son.
If you have a father or if you haven't one,
I'll do anything for you. I did everything for you

No comments: