Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Quakers have Missions?

We started classes yesterday. I'll save a description of this semester's until later this week.

We have a few new students this semester. Both of them have taken courses in an extension program that Eastern runs in a few other countries.

One of the students has lived in Nepal for quite some time. As we struck up a conversation on a break he asked where my family had been missionaries to (I mentioned it in my introduction before break). I told him and said that we were sent by the Friends Church. He looked at my with a puzzled face and said "Quakers have missions?"

One semester in Philly and I'm still clarifying. I don't think it will ever end.

p.s. it's trying to snow.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Was he simply confused by the fact that you used the word "sent"?
Where did you go anyway, I'm curious!